Hardware requirements from the official guide and our notes.
Our notes to use along with the official Harmony ONE Validator documentation
Here's the current recommended hardware from Harmony Foundation:
Here's our recommendations today:
- Bare metal server rental (no shared VPS)
- CPU - 8 dedicated CPUs
- Memory - 16GB should work but 32GB+ is recommeneded
- Disk - NvME disks
- OS - Ubuntu 20.04/22.04LTS
- Network - 1GBPS+ bandwidth with at least 6TB> month cap (uncapped best for instabilitiy of the network)
- Providers - We no longer recommend Digital Ocean, Vultr, AWS, GCP or Azure as they are not sufficient or too expensive
Before we talk about providers let's discuss storage. Make sure you have enough space as we're currently adding over 300GB a month due to transaction increases.
Digital Ocean has the option to use "Volumes" that can be easily expanded (opens in a new tab) when more space is required to help with cost savings.